Saturday, July 24, 2010

Kansas: The Emails

Originally Posted on Foxsports on October 2, 2007.


September 24, 2007 8:34:43 a.m.
Casey,
Thanks for taking one for the team yesterday.  I assure you I won't forget it, and you will be paid back for it soon.  I don't like issuing team orders, but sometimes there is no choice.  Know that both Jeff and Jimmie are aware of  what you did.
Rick

September 26, 2007 5:32:27 p.m.
Casey - I can't believe Kyle hasn't called to thank you yet.  He's probably still ticked that he can't come to the team meetings.
God forbid one of us or Junior bumps into him in the next few races.  He'll go off on a rant like you can't believe about how its all a conspiracy.
C Ya- JJ

September 28, 2007 7:23:11 p.m.
JV -
 Don't get too comfy there as the latest F1 import.
I'll see you at Talladega - ON the track.
Scott Speed
PS - Are you going to talk to Montoya or just ignore him like before?

September 29, 2007 8:54:26 a.m.
Mr. Helton:
How can Nascar think that letting a driver run at Talladega who hasn't ever driven a stock car is a good idea?  He's barely driven an oval in a decade!
There are twelve of us running for a Championship, and we already have to dodge over-eager teammates, beer cans, cars that barely make speed and Juan Pablo.
I can only hope the plan is that Villenueve won't qualify or "fails" post-qualifying inspection.  
Jeff Gordon

September 29, 2007 1:01:04 p.m.
JD  -
If you saw the final practice you saw that the car improved.  You probably also saw that Smoke had a small incident in the garage area with an ESPN camera crew.  Nascar has confiscated the tape, and the rumor is that penalties may follow.
The line forms behind the crew.
Zippy

September 29, 2007 5:45 p.m.
Joe,
I'm sorry. I'm sorry.  I'm sorry.
I didn't know the cameras were live!
I'm sure everything will be taken care of by tomorrow.
Do we really need to get together to discuss this on Monday?
Tony

September 30, 2007 10:34:56 p.m.
Kyle,
I'll buy the fries this week.  It's the least I can do for the guy who beat the guy who took me out of the race.
Carl

September 30, 2007 10:56:35 p.m.
Greg,
Congrats on the win!  Sorry I missed it, but I left, certain that the race was going to be canceled.  How appropriate that the duck won that one!
Jack

September 30, 2007 11:17:20
Jimmie - I can't believe you called it with Kyle and Junior!
Do you think Nascar will rethink that finish?  There's no way that Biff had gas left.  Wonder if they looked at that in the post-race inspection?
Casey

October 1, 2007 2:34:32 a.m.
Tony,
Let me be the first to offer ESPN's sincere apologies for the garage incident at Kansas.  The cameramen were just anxious to catch what you and Robby were talking about; they didn't mean to invade your private conversation.
Secondly, we did have significant damage to at least two cameras in your car.  I must say it was the first time the in-car camera was completely demolished.  Well, except for that minor damage that time you "relocated" the camera during the race.
Let's just call it even.  OK?
Jerry Punch

October 1, 2007 7:34:26 a.m.
Roger,
Thanks for the words of encouragement about my ARCA start at Talladega.  Ashley & I would love to have dinner at your motorhome on Thursday night.
Dario
PS:  Tell Helio that he is doing fantastic on Dancing.  Ash & I can't wait to see how he does tonight!

October 1, 2007 8:02:21 a.m.
Tony,
I can only imagine how frustrated you are about the whole Kansas race situation.  Let's use this as an opportunity to work through those anger management issues again.  I have time to talk with you on the phone tomorrow at 10:00 a.m.  Please confirm.
Dr. Kris
P.S. I already have e-mails about  you from Helton and Gibbs.

October 1, 2007 8:44:58 a.m.
Red -
I can't get to the pond until late Tuesday at the earliest.  Joe wants to meet today and Helton wants to talk about a few things too.  My anger management doctor/coach wants a call tomorrow.
I probably should call Kurt, Martin, and Carl.
ESPN is bugging me and everyone at Gibbs for an interview.  As if.
Smoke

No comments:

Post a Comment