Saturday, July 24, 2010

Talladega Texts: Emails

Originally Posted on Foxsports on October 7, 2007.


Monday, October 1, 2007 7:32:34 p.m.
Happy,
I'd like to make a $10,000 donation to the "Wax Smoke Fund."  I figure it's the least I can do for the guy who knocked me out of the race yesterday. 
Carl


Monday, October 1, 2007 4:22:57 p.m.
Junior,
Hi!  Do you remember meeting me at Daytona a couple years ago?  Just wonderin' if we could get together sometime soon.
Text me!
Britney Spears
PS.  Do you still get free Bud?
PPS - Was 60 minutes really right about how much you make per year?


Monday, October 1, 2007 7:37:00 p.m.
Jacques,
Please don't take my comments personally.  I think you'll do fine in Nascar.  The issue is that your first race is at Talladega.  Talladega is not a kind track - have you watched the footage from Bobby Allison's crash?  Did you know that several drivers have died there testing? 
I know you need restrictor plate track experience before Daytona, but maybe you should start with Scott and Dario in the ARCA series.
Unless you're planning to help with Montoya, you'd be better off watching the race Sunday.  Montoya is a big moving chicane.  We don't need another one to worry about. 
Jeff


Monday, October 1, 2007 10:34:21 p.m.
JJ -
Thanks for saying I should have won yesterday.  What I don't get is why none of us was penalized if Biff was keeping a reasonable speed.  In fact, didn't you pass me at the end under the caution?
Clint


Tuesday, October 2, 2007 9:10:08 a.m.
Bumgarner,
I don't understand how we passed the pre-race inspection and then failed the post-race inspection with the manifold. 
At least we found out before Sunday.  That would have been a disaster.
So Knaus was in the garage when you left Friday night?
Kyle


Tuesday, October 2, 2007 2:04:22 p.m.
Bill -
I don't understand why Montoya was welcomed with opened arms and I'm not.  I mean, my credentials are even better - I'm an F1 Champ! 
What do I need to do?  Gordon is clearly upset, and he's the calm one of the bunch!  I don't even want to know what that hot-head Stewart thinks.
JV


Tuesday, October 2, 2007 11:34:50 p.m.
Kurt,
Thank you for your kind words.  I'm holding up pretty good, even though the rehearsal schedule is horrible!  It's worse than the Indy 500 for endurance!
I sure will put in a good word for you with the producers.  Why wouldn't they want a former Nascar Champ as a contestant?   I'd hate for those dance lessons for your wedding last year to go to waste!
Helio


Tuesday, October 2, 2007 6:43:24 p.m.
Humpy
Of course I'm serious about moving the track if the City won't let me build the drag strip!
Curtis & I built this.  And I can tear it down.
I plan to tell them that at the meeting.
Bruton


Wednesday, October 3, 2007 2:34:12 p.m.
Denny,
I don't think we've met, but I heard about you from Paris.
Let me put it this way:  Anything she can do, I can do better.
Text Me!
Britney Spears


Wednesday, October 3, 2007 4:32: 08 p.m.
Kyle -
Big congrats on the M&M deal!  I loved that sponsorship. 
Enjoy!
Elliott


Wednesday, October 3, 2007 7:23:34 p.m.
Shrub,
I expect chocolate stocked everywhere next year.
Don't forget my motorhome.
Congrats on the new sponsor.
Smoke


Thursday, October 4, 2007 7:23:34 a.m.
Bushy -
What's up with the Cubs?  When you get up (don't even pretend you didn't stay up all night watching the game), call me.
Newman


Thursday, October 4, 2007 4:52:29 p.m.
Dario,
I'm sure if you want to meet the team you should be able to do that tomorrow.  We'll all be there for practice.  And if there's anything you need, let me know.
David Stremme
PS:  Will your wife be coming to the track with you?


Friday, October 5, 2007 10:34:33 a.m.
Pam,
I'd love to be able to come to your wedding in Vegas tomorrow night, but my schedule makes that impossible.  But, I should be able to host you and your new husband at the track anytime. 
And no, I haven't had any more problems with videotapes.
Smoke


Friday, October 5, 2007 6:43:22 p.m.
Kasey,
Hi!  Remember me?  I think we met a few years ago.  Paris was talking about you.
We agree that you are SO cute.
Text me!
Britney Spears
PS - Have you already started to get free Bud?


Saturday, October 6, 2007 10:23:53 a.m.
Richie  -
Man, you gave us a scare!  I hope you are home resting and getting better.  Sorry you won't be able to see Tony Jr and I win tomorrow.  We'll bring you the trophy!
Junior


Saturday, October 6, 2007 8:42:44 p.m.
Mikey -
You should have the selected dates from UPS.  We think a modified schedule will let me ease into the booth and not have to worry about qualifying every week.
Congrats on the pole.  You look good up there.
Dale


Saturday, October 6, 2007 9:00:03 p.m.
Denny,
JD updated me about the parking.  Tony last week and now you. 
I trust that you will make up for it tomorrow.
Let's talk Monday morning at 8:30 a.m.
Joe


Sunday, October 7, 2007 6:11:47 p.m.
Sorry for the global e-mail - my tire went flat. 
Wish I hadn't collected so many Chasers, but I'm glad everyone was OK.
What was the deal with the hyper security before the race?
Bobby


Sunday, October 7, 2007 7:20:00 p.m.
Richard & Teresa -
We don't have any idea why there were so many engine failures.  It will take some time in the shop to figure out.  It is likely a component that wasn't machined properly.
There is no truth to the rumor that we had a break-in in the garage last night.
I'll keep you updated.
Bill


Sunday, October 7, 2007 8:04:01 p.m.
Mom,
I tried to make tea, and we are completely out of sugar.  Even the extra bag from the pantry is gone.  Could you stop and get some?
Love, Taylor Nicole


No comments:

Post a Comment